Thursday, January 28, 2010

Recap

Well, another week is almost over and I was getting excited for Thursday night TV. However, after searching the guide I have discovered that pretty much everything is a repeat tonight...boooo to that! Cory's working nights so I'll probably end up watching a girly movie and I'm okay with that.

Not much has been happening here in Sturgis lately. We've been staying pretty close to home for the most part. Last week we took Cameron skating for the first time this year and he did much better than last year. Last year he couldn't stand up at all but he's getting better at pulling himself into a standing position and actually standing for a minute. He's also starting to listen to us when we tell him to take little steps. There were other kids at the rink last week and Cameron was frustrated because he just wanted to be able to skate like them. I'm hoping we might get him out skating again on the weekend.

This past weekend we got an abundance of snow between Friday night and Sunday afternoon. We've pretty lucky with the mild weather and I guess that's why we ended up with a snow storm of sorts. It was slightly comparable to a PEI storm but definitely not the same. Cameron and I went out to play in the snow on Sunday and he had a blast while I did some shoveling. I considered it my work-out for the day and that it was...I was sore for the next three days! After our snowfall on the weekend the outdoor temperature took a big drop so we're back in a semi-deep freeze once again. I knew we'd have more cold to deal with this winter. I wasn't so naive to think that the worst was over.

Monday evening I actually got out of the house by myself for a few hours to watch The Bachelor with the girls. I must say I find this season of The Bachelor somewhat intriguing...it's crazy how Jake is getting rid of women so fast but I like that he doesn't keep them around when he's already decided they aren't the one. However, I truly despise Vienna...I think there is something very strange about her and she drives me nuts. I do like Ali but I'm not convinced that she's totally compatible with Jake either. I think in the end he'll pick someone but I also think that the relationship will not last, which is too bad because Jake seems like a wonderful person...and easy on the eyes too!

I'm not sure if I mentioned this in an earlier blog entry or not but I've finally had enough of my lets say...fluffy figure so I joined Weight Watchers on January 4th. My official weigh day is Monday of each week and as of this past Monday I was down 9 pounds in 3 weeks. I have set a goal for myself to lose a total of 30 pounds by June 1st, which is when I'll be getting ready to travel to PEI for vacation. (Can I call it vacation when I don't actually work?) So, I think I'm off to a pretty good start. Although, I still have 21 pounds to go, strangely I'm not scared by that. When Cameron was six months old I weight a whopping 187 pounds and I finally decided to join WW and start exercising. I was determined and in six months I lost a total of 40 pounds and managed to keep it off for a while. I regret to say that I've put some of this weight back on since moving to SK and I am determined to lose what I've gained and more to finally reach my goal. I know it will not be without many challenges but I'm up for a challenge and I've got some great support from family and friends. So, over the coming weeks and months I will keep you updated on my weight loss and and challenges I've faced and had to overcome. I'll share one challenge with you now. The other day we went to Yorkton for groceries and we decided to have supper at Wendy's. All I wanted to eat was a Baconnator and fries! I could have indulged and got what I really wanted but instead I got a baked potato and chili, which was surprisingly very yummy. I was pleased with my decision and even more so that when I was done eating I didn't feel disgusting from the greasy Baconnator that I had wanted so badly. I guess I do have some will-power hidden inside of me somewhere ;)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment