Friday, January 8, 2010

We're still here!

I guess I've been slacking on keeping this blog updated! Well, of course lots has happened over the past couple of weeks but there's no way I'll remember everything so I'll try to hit on some of the highlights.

I guess I'll start with Christmas, since it was definitely the biggest event that occurred over the past couple of weeks. Let me start by saying we had a wonderful Christmas holiday. It was wonderful to have Jerome and Shirley here with us, although we still missed the rest of our family in PEI. Cameron had an awesome Christmas and he even had a very special visit by Santa himself on Christmas Eve. It was truly amazing to see how excited he was to see Santa at our door. Santa explained that he was able to stop in for a few minutes to give him one special gift and the rest of the surprises would be there for Cameron in the morning. It was really fun for all of us to see...including our family in PEI who watched via webcam. I'll not go into all the specific details of the gifts and that sort of thing but as usual we all did pretty well and probably got more than we needed...even though we didn't go overboard.

I think Jerome and Shirley had a pretty relaxing visit with us. They now understand that there really isn't anything to do in Sturgis...especially during the cold, cold winter. Cameron and I took Jerome and Shirley to Saskatoon the afternoon of New Year's Eve as their flight was leaving early on New Year's Day. We went to Tony Roma's for supper and it was super yummy and then we headed over to the hotel to hang out for the evening and watch the Canada vs. USA hockey game. We called it an early night but the noise in the hotel kept us awake for most of the night. Cameron and I dropped Jerome and Shirley at the airport before 6:30am and then went to Denny's for breakfast. I thought it was important to have a nice breakfast before starting our 3 hour drive back to Sturgis so early in the morning ;)

Those are probably the highlights...nothing too exciting. We're now back into our normal routines, which unfortunately isn't all that exciting either. Cory's back to work, Cameron started back to nursery school this and me, well, it's just the same ole same ole.

Cory and I didn't make any New Year's resolutions per se but we have made the commitment to eat healthier and be more active. We started just this past Monday and we're doing well so far but it certainly isn't without challenges. We always eat healthy meals, it's our snacking that kills us. We're both finding it hard when we sit down in the evening after Cameron goes to bed to keep from eating. Why is that watching TV and eating seem to go so well together? Cory admitted that he's finding it hard not to do so much snacking and I wish he'd stop completely because I think that might help me. Overall we're doing well so far though. I'll keep you posted on how we're doing.

It's getting late so...until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment