Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Just 2 more sleeps!

It's hard to believe that it's almost Christmas and that Santa will be here in just 2 more sleeps. I simply can't believe that it's December 23rd already...where does the time go?

This past week has been pretty busy for us. I managed to hurt my neck about a week ago so that sort of slowed me down when I had so many things to get done. I should note that my neck still hurts (I'm a little cranky about it). On this past Sunday Cory, Cameron and I drove to Saskatoon to pick up Jerome and Shirley at the airport. This is their first trip to visit since we moved 21 months ago. They said that Sturgis is pretty much what they expected and they seem to really like our home. We took them to the big metropolis of Yorkton yesterday for a little last minute Christmas shopping and to pick up a few groceries for Christmas dinner.

Cameron is getting VERY excited for Santa to come. We finally put gifts under the tree on the weekend and he's been pretty good to leave them alone. Although there is one gift that came from his cousins in PEI that he seems quite interested in. There is a small piece of wrapping paper that is starting to rip ever so slightly on one corner. Cameron indicated that we should just open it since it was already started! We're hoping to Santa to make an appearance at our home on Christmas Eve to see Cameron before he goes to bed. It was a pretty big hit last year and we're hoping it goes just as well this year. Unlike many kids, Cameron is not at all scared of the jolly guy in the red suit. I'm hoping to get a good video of it to share with our family and friends who will miss the whole experience.

It's snowing in Sturgis today so we're definitely going to have a white Christmas. It's looking like PEI will have a green Christmas this year though. On the upside, it will make for safer and easier travelling for everyone back home. I'm looking forward to seeing Cameron on Christmas morning...last year was pretty good but I think this year will be even better. The only thing he wants from Santa is a real Optimus Prime, so we're hoping Santa gives him what he wants. I'm also looking forward to Christmas dinner...turkey/chicken dinner is always my favorite. We've also invited one of Cory's co-workers over for dinner as his family is still in Ontario so we don't want him to have to spend Christmas alone in his motel room. I'm sure it will be a fun day and I'm getting pretty excited myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment