Thursday, December 3, 2009

December already? Where has the time gone?

I seriously can't believe that we are into the month of December and that Santa is a mere 22 sleeps away. I guess time flies when you're having fun. Our Christmas shopping is basically done and just needs to be wrapped. I don't put the gifts under the tree until Christmas Eve though so I've got lots of time. I do however need to get a move on my baking. Last year I did up tins of goodies for Cory's co-workers and their families and I want to do that again this year. It's a pretty big job but I love doing it. I still have to decide what exactly I'm going to make. Our number one favorite is chocolate covered peanut butter balls...I made 2 double batches last year and I'm sure I'll end up doing the same this year.

Cameron and I put up and decorated the Christmas tree this week. It was quite a big job...good thing I had my little helper. He basically just gave me orders through the majority of the process..."Mommy, I can't see the TV...MOVE." "Mommy, stop making so much noise." "Mommy, are you almost done?" Once I got the tree out of the box and looking like an actual tree and then had all of the lights on, I let Cameron help by passing me the ornaments to hang on the tree. He was passing them one at the time and then two at a time and then he got frustrated because I wasn't putting them on fast enough and I was making him wait. I think I heard him say, "Next!" about 200 times throughout the whole process as he passed me the ornaments. It was fun though and he felt important that he got to "help". I think it was a nice surprise for Cory when he came home that night too. Usually, I get very cranky during the whole tree decorating process and Cory ends up having to do the majority of it.

I did have a few technical issues during the whole ordeal though...although I tested all of the lights before putting them on the tree, I still managed to have two sets of lights that were only half lit when i plug in the lights when I was all done...ugh! I managed to wiggle the cords very carefully and patiently and the lights all starting working! However, then I discovered that I had missed putting lights on two whole branches, not side-by-side but they were still quite noticeable. So, then I had to figure out what to do because I had used all of the lights and couldn't just run out to Walmart for more. So I figured I'd just carefully place the ornaments and hopefully no one would notice my screw up. When I went back downstairs to get the ornaments I also found 3 more sets of lights so I no longer had to worry about my unfortunate mistake...crisis averted. Anyhow, I think the tree looks great!



Cameron had nursery school on Wednesday morning and he was SUPER excited to go. I was equally as excited to have 2 whole hours at home to myself. I layed on the couch and got caught up on One Tree Hill while Cameron was at school. Cameron had a great time at school as always. He was very proud of his craft project that he made this week, here's a picture of it:
That sums up most of what's been happening this week.
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment