Saturday, March 19, 2011

Cravings

Cravings are a big part of my life these days. Obviously, we all have cravings at times but they seem to be even more abundant during pregnancy. I'm happy to report that the majority of my cravings are for healthy foods but I do still crave junk food at times too.

Throughout my pregnancy my main cravings have been for fruit...oranges, pears, apples, grapes, strawberries, etc. I also can't get enough orange juice! It's definitely been a positive change to my normal eating habits. Although, I do still crave and enjoy chips and other tasty treats on occasion. Lately, I've also begun to crave baked goods...uh-oh! Luckily, I don't indulge in this too often or I would be growing out of my clothes at a much more rapid pace. I have to admit though that I have found a love for such things at chocolate chip Eggo waffles and Pillsbury toaster strudel...so yummy for a treat.

So, I think it's safe to say that I have a developed a bit of a sweet tooth during this pregnancy. The old myth says that it is common to crave sweet foods if you are having a girl and I guess this myth has proven to be true to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment