Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Shopping with Cameron

I couldn't tell you that last time that we went shopping without Cameron. Due to our geographical location, I can't just go out for an hour to do a little shopping because it takes an hour just to get to Walmart! So, every week or so we venture into Yorkton (usually as a family but sometimes just me and Cameron) to do our shopping. Walmart is Cameron's favorite store so it's usually a must that we stop in and we rarely leave without buying something.

Lately, we've been starting to pick up things for the new baby that will be arriving in a few months. We've decided that it's important to allow Cameron to be a part of picking out things for the baby. He usually only wants to pick out baby toys but that is okay because she will need some toys. However, this week on our trip into Yorkton Cameron surprised us with what he picked out for the baby. As we were perusing through the baby section at Walmart, Cameron spots a little Tinker Bell bathing suit. He stands and checks it out for a moment and then picks up the smallest one on the rack and puts it in the cart. I asked him what he was doing and he replied, "Well, the little girl is going to need a bathing suit for when we go swimming at a hotel." I wasn't so sure that we needed to make such a purchase just yet so I put the cute little bathing suit back on the rack. Cameron looked at me like I was crazy and immediately put it back in the cart. Again, I put it back on the rack and again, Cameron put it back in the cart. Of course, by now Cameron thinks this is a pretty funny game. I then asked if the bathing suit was what he wanted to get for his baby sister and he said yes. So, we bought the Tinker Bell bathing suit and I'm sure our little girl will be super cute in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment