Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Finally some quiet time for Mommy

Well, Cameron was a bit of a devil today. Of course, this is to be expected when Cory is gone on training. He also acts out at the end of Cory's week of day shifts because he doesn't get to spend as much time with him. Some days it can be pretty challenging but we always get through it. Since it was obvious first thing this morning that Cameron was going to a bit of a turkey today, I decided it was a good day for a trip into Yorkton. Besides, Cameron was requesting McDonald's and Walmart at 9am!

I managed to squeeze in my morning work-out with only a few minor interruptions from the little one before we got ready to go to Yorkton. We made the obligatory visit to Walmart where Cameron informed me he wanted to shop first and eat later. I'm sure we spent a good half hour or longer in the toy section before he was finally satisfied with yet another Transformer to torture me with. I suggested one of the cheaper ones and every time I do that I wish I'd spent the extra $5 for a Transformer that actually transforms with ease...*sigh*. We finally made it to McDonald's where Cameron all but inhaled his McNuggets and then we were off to Sobeys. Cameron was a little upset with the visit to Sobeys and he told me he didn't want to go in the "green" store even though I promised we'd only be a few minutes (I was just returning the chicken I bought last week that was actually bad). Anyway, he survived Sobeys although he did tell me he was "very sad" while we were in the store.

When we got home from Yorkton, Cameron was somewhat entertaining. He was referring to himself as Dr. Cameron and insisted that I call him that. It was pretty funny. He was also working on his own personal "knock, knock joke". Cameron: "Knock, knock", Mommy: "Who's there?", Cameron: "Cameron", Mommy: "Cameron who?", Cameron: "Cameron Dowling"...and he takes off running and laughing. I think that was the first time I actually heard him refer to himself as "Cameron Dowling"...he never uses his last name. Up until today, I was convinced that he really didn't know his last name. I guess the joke was on me.

Anyway, after many of the usual evening shenanigans, Cameron is finally sound asleep and I can get some quiet time :) I love him dearly but some days he really tires me out!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment