Monday, September 21, 2009

My very first blog entry!

Well, I often have so much to say so I've finally decided to start a blog. Unfortunately, some people may not find me as interesting as I think I am but then they just don't have to read this. LOL!

So many things happen each day that I don't always get to share with our friends and family or sometimes I just simply forget by the time I get to talk to them. My days are filled with so many ups and downs and twists and turns with Cameron basically running the house...Cory often misses out on some pretty interesting moments created by Cameron because he is working.

Cameron is just over 3 years old now and he amazes me more and more each day...often while driving me completely insane. He is a very smart and a very busy little boy. Over the past few months we have been seriously working on potty training. It was the week of his 3rd birthday that he finally agreed to the whole potty training process after we had made numerous attempts over the previous 6 months. I am pleased to say that we seem to have completed this process with flying colors. He did have a bit of a set back a few weeks ago but it didn't last too long. Cameron is quite amazed at the different "shapes" he makes in the toilet each day. We've had everything from snakes to worms to turtles to caterpillars...I kid you not, he comes up with this all on his own. I find it quite amusing while I suppose others may find it kind of disturbing.

Cameron has a wonderful imagination. He spends hours each week pretending to be various characters, superheros, animals or people. He uses his blankie for a cape. Actually, strangely enough this week he is pretending to be a vampire...I'm not 100% sure where he got it from though. I honestly can't sit through all the children's shows that he watches. Now Cory on the other hand, can watch most of these shows with Cameron.

Cameron and I are on our own this week while Cory is gone to Regina for training for work. Cory left last night and won't be home until Friday. I wonder how many times Cameron will ask where he is throughout the week? Many times, I'm sure. I used to find it quite challenging when Cory was gone on a course but Cameron and I are a little more used to it now and just make a new routine for while he's gone.

Today Cameron and I filled our day with various things. First of all we started our day at 6:15am...I was not impressed! I managed to catch a few more zzz's while Cameron watched some tv and played with his Transformers though. We made a puzzle, made various creatures with play-doh, went for a walk and played in the backyard. I guess I kept him busy enough today because he didn't put up a fight at bedtime which was nice.

Well, I suppose that's enough for tonight. I'm going to try to write at least a few times a week...as long as I have something to write about.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Discovered your blog through Facebook - where else! Stopped by to check it out. And I have to add that the selling point for Logan for potty training was the splash. Who knew? Have you got one of the the gravity Transformers? I swear, it's the only way to go until they're about 10 and can do it themselves! Talk to you later...

    ReplyDelete