Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My poor little finger

It's Wednesday, which means Cameron went to nursery school this morning. He was very excited to go and I was excited to enjoy 2 hours of quiet time at home. Cory was home this morning as he is still on night shifts but he actually slept until it was time for me to go pick Cameron up. Cameron made a caterpillar at school today, which he was very proud of. I also learned that they are making cupcakes at nursery school next week, which is great because I'm the parent helper next week. I love cupcakes!

Cameron also slept until 8am this morning which was awesome. I'm sure it was because I didn't put him to bed until 10pm last night. He was being good so I let him stay up. He sat on the couch with me last night and asked me to do the teddy bear in the garden (you know, 'round and 'round the garden, I lost my teddy bear...). So we did that multiple times and then moved onto This Little Piggy for a while. Then I was just running my fingers through his hair and it really needs to be cut. Cameron then requested I comb his hair so I got the comb and he then sat on my knee while I combed his hair for 45 minutes. At one point I was sure he was going to fall asleep. So, I'm thinking maybe I should take the comb on the airplane next week in case he needs to be relaxed.

Speaking of next week, we've now only got 8 more sleeps until we're in PEI. This time next week, we'll actually be en route to Saskatoon. Our flight leaves out of Saskatoon next Thursday morning at 7:30am so we're staying in Saskatoon the night before so that we'll hopefully get some sleep. I've been trying to think of things I can take for Cameron on the airplane to try to keep him occupied. I've thought of many things but I'm just worried that he won't be interested in anything I bring. I'm thinking it might be a very long trip to PEI.

I was very excited for supper this evening because I was making meatballs. Everything was going great during my whole supper cooking process until I was doing the dishes and I managed to slice my little finger with a knife when I put my hand in sink. UGH! It's not a bad cut, just more like a really nasty paper cut. Every time I think about how I cut my finger, I shiver and feel nauseous. It was just such a yucky feeling, blech! Anyway, Cory put a band-aid on my boo boo and I'm fine now...although, it is wreaking some havoc on my typing skills.

Well, I really don't have much news today. I suppose I'll finish cleaning up our supper dishes and settle in to watch my Wednesday night TV...Bones, Glee, CSI: NY, and Mercy. What would I ever do without my TV shows...LOL!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment